Sonoma Valley Historical Society
Collecting -Preserving - Sharing Sonoma Valley History
Telling the stories of our community from many voices
The Sonoma Valley Historical Society was established in January of 1937 by a small group of citizens to honor pioneer families and to collect, preserve and share the history of the Valley of the Moon.
The Society, a non-profit organization, has operated continuously ever since that time.
Throughout our existence the Society has provided education through exhibits housed throughout the Valley, including at the Blue Wing Inn, Sonoma City Hall and Sonoma Community Center.
Since 1979 our permanent and temporary Exhibits have been located in the Depot Park Museum.
Please see the exhibits pages for more information about current temporary and permanent exhibits.
In 2016 the city of Sonoma leased the historic Marcy House to the Historical Society to house our extensive archives. See the Marcy House page for more information.
"The mission of the Sonoma Valley Historical Society is to provide a forum and a resource for the study and dissemination of Sonoma Valley history for present and future generations by identifying collecting, preserving and sharing artifacts, documents and images."