Boyes Hot Springs
In 1847, Andrew Hoeppner, a music master to General Vallejo’s children, became the first person to commercially develop the hot springs in Sonoma Valley, where Boyes Springs is today. Captain Boyes came along in 1885 and built a grand hotel. Much of the town burned in the disastrous fire of 1923, but was quickly rebuilt. The resort business declined after the middle of the 20th century, with only the Sonoma Mission Inn active today.
Sonoma Mission Inn
The Sonoma Mission Inn was built on the 360-acre Bigelow Ranch. The initial contract for construction of a Spanish Mission-style hotel was signed in November 1926. On opening in August…Read More →